Effective January 2022 the monthly clean-ups have been moved to quarterly. January 15, April 2, July 16 and October 1, 2022. Hours for the clean-up are Landfill 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Recycling Center 8 a.m. to 12 noon.
Residential customers will not incur charges for use of the landfill, but will be required to present a current driver’s license and utility bill. Regular fees will apply to customers residing outside the city limits.
Items accepted at the Landfill:
- furniture such as couches, chairs, mattresses, tables, shelves and desks;
- appliances such as water heaters, stoves, washing machines and dryers;
- brush and yard waste including tree trunks, shrubs, brush and limbs;
- metal debris such as lawn-mowers, weed eaters, small engines and pipes;
- rubbish debris including plastics, clothing, boxes, and wooden pallets
- construction debris (must be bagged or boxed) – charges will apply
- trailers – must be covered by a tarp
Items not accepted at the Landfill:
- are large amount of rock, dirt, concrete and brick; construction or demolition debris;
- hazardous waste, motor oil, automotive batteries, tires and oil filters;
- chemical, acid, and explosive chemicals
Recycling Center Items accepted:
- cardboard (must be broken down), newspaper, tin cans, aluminum cans (rinsed)