Stage 2 – Drought Water Restrictions
When the J-27 monitoring well is drops below 850 feet, City of Uvalde residents are under Stage 2 water restrictions. This means we follow our regular conservation practices listed below.
- Don’t waste water.
- Fix leaks quickly.
- Don’t let water run off into the street.
- Water your yard before 8 a.m. and after 6 p.m. to prevent evaporation. You may use drip irrigation or water with a 5 gallon bucket between 8 p.m. and 10:00 a.m.
- Water with a hand-held hose anytime, but put a pistol grip or other device on your hose that will shut off the water when it is not being used.
- Water your trees any time of day with a hand-held hose, soaker hose, drip irrigation or bucket.
- Water your foundation at any time with a soaker hose to prevent settling.
- Washing of driveways, parking lots, sidewalks or patios only to prevent health and safety issues with a permit.
- Wash your car on the grass to prevent run off on Saturday and Sunday only.
- Children’s water toys, pools and water slides can be used but the surface of pools must be at least 25% covered to prevent evaporation.
- Use of decorative fountains and water features is prohibited unless using recycled water.
- Restaurants can serve water on request only.
- Hotels will change linens only as requested.
- There will be a drought surcharge on your water bill.