Why you should consider Uvalde for your business
- The Uvalde Area Development Foundation works with businesses to coordinate development and economic incentives.
- Uvalde is a transportation hub for the region with access to rail, highway and air transportation. The Uvalde Airport is an unusually well developed airport for a small city. The airport is home to multiple businesses including jet renovation companies and experimental aircraft builders.
- Uvalde is home to Southwest Texas Junior College and hosts a satellite campus of Sul Ross University. These educational institutions provide workforce education in a range of fields including business management, computer science, education, criminal justice, health sciences, automotive and diesel technology, welding, airframe mechanics and wildlife management.
- Uvalde Main Street is a nonprofit organization who strive to work with the community, business and property owners to revitalize, preserve, and promote the historic downtown.
- The City of Uvalde has sites available for lease or purchase in our industrial parks.
- Our Development office has streamlined permitting and coordinates with other departments to make your project go smoothly.
- Tax abatements are available on a case-by-case basis from the city and county.