City Of Uvalde, Texas

Vital Records
scroll arrow

Birth/Death Certificates

For information please contact the Vital Records department at 830-278-6616 or
Please use our burial search portal to locate your family member / loved one
Hill Crest Cemetery Burial Search

There is a 24-hour turnaround on requesting records. If a request is made on a Friday or a day before a holiday then the record may take up to 48 hours to be processed.

The following birth and death records may be obtained from the City of Uvalde - Office of Vital Records:
  • All births that occurred in Uvalde Memorial Hospital or within city limits
  • All deaths that occurred within city limits
Birth/Death Records not held by the City of Uvalde:
  • Births and deaths that occurred outside of city limits, including county, out of town and the Uvalde estates.
Any birth or death records outside of city limits will need to be purchased from the County Clerk by mail or by visiting the Uvalde County website.

The following application is for in-person pick-up ONLY
In city limits request Birth/Death Certificate
Las siguientes aplicacion es solo para recogida en persona
Solicitud de registro de nacimiento o muerte

The following application is for anyone who lives outside of Uvalde and requesting a birth or death record. A Affidavit of Personal Knowledge is required. This will need to be notarized.
Application for Birth or Death Certificate
La siguiente solicitud es para cualquier persona que viva fuera de Uvalde y solicite un registro de nacimiento o defunción. Se requiere una Declaración Jurada de Conocimiento Personal. Esto tendrá que ser notariado.
Solicitud de registro de nacimiento o muerte

Affidavit of Personal Knowledge

Acceptable forms of ID

Applications may be emailed or mailed in/Las solicitudes pueden enviarse por correo electrónico o por correo
City of Uvalde - Vital Records
P.O. Box 799
Uvalde, TX 78802
Email applications to

Requesting/Making Changes to a Birth Certificate
Most changes are done through the Texas Department of State Health Services. Amendments can only be requested from the State of Texas by filling out the application to correct a birth certificate, having it notarized and mailing it to:

Texas Dept of State Health Services
1100 W. 49th Street
Austin, TX 78756
512-458-7111 or 888-963-7111

How do I locate where a family member or loved one is buried?

How can I add a father to a birth certificate?

What will be considered an acceptable form of identification to retrieve a record?

Who can request records?

Where can I get my birth certficate if I was born out of state?