The Human Resources Department is responsible for providing support to all city departments, employees, and to the citizens of Uvalde.
The Human Resources Department supports the City of Uvalde in many ways, including recruiting, maintaining high employment standards, hiring well-qualified candidates, and managing employee insurance, offering competitive benefits, compensation, and providing on-going development opportunities to employees.
Benefits at a Glance:
- A TMRS City 1.5 to 1 match, 20 years and 5 years vesting
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance options through TML MultiState IEBP
- Optional Life Insurance up to 3x
- Dependent Life Coverage options
- Flexible Spending and Health Reimbursement Accounts
Pay and Benefits:
The City of Uvalde is committed to providing competitive pay and benefits to help the city hire and retain good employees.
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation and Holiday
- Sick Leave
- Workers’ Compensation
- Bereavement Leave
- Jury Duty
- Wellness Program
- Tuition Reimbursement