Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I open or transfer utility services?
Unfortunately we cannot transfer utility services. Any "transferring" of utility services will be treated and set up as a new service and require initial deposit. A new new service form is required as well as the following items:
- A fully completed application for the new location (Residential / Commercial or Business)
- A copy of a government issued photo ID for each person moving in that is over the age of 18
- Documentation of either a lease agreement or purchasing documents for your new location. The person(s) on the lease agreement/deed MUST be the one opening the account and be present to sign. If you do not have a contract form lease agreement you can download a generic version here.
What utility services are offered?
The City of Uvalde currently offers the following services to its residents:
- Disconnect Services
- Problem with your bill
If you have any questions, please contact City Hall at 830-278-3316
How can I pay my utility bill?
There are multiple ways to pay your utility bill.
- Payments can be made online 24/7 by clicking here.
- You can mail payments (checks and money orders only) to:
P.O. Box 799
Uvalde, Tx 78802
- Pay over the phone by calling our automated phone payment system at 1-833-264-1117
- Our mail dropbox is located in the drive-thru for convenient 24/7 access.
- You can also authorize an automatic bank draft each month.
- Payments can also be made at any H-E-B or Walmart.
- Make a payment by downloading our mobile app "MyCivic Utilities" on any iPhone or android device
- Kiosk Payments - Pay your bill at our Utility Billing Kiosk located on the south side parking lot of city hall.
- Scan the following QR Code to pay your bill:
What are the city's utility fees?
How do I discontinue my utility service?
If you are moving out of your area and would like to cancel services, an email request can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following in your email request:
- Service Address
- Effective cancellation date
- Forwarding Address
- Phone Number
- Photo ID
How do I get a bigger or smaller trash can conainer?
If an active service is established and an additional container is requested of the same size ONLY a deposit will not be required. For upgrading to a larger receptacle additional deposits will be needed. For any changes to an active account or new service a sanitation application must be filled out accompanied by a photo ID.