Uvalde Memorial Hospital
"...dedicated to meeting the health care needs of the communities we serve."
Uvalde Memorial Hospital offers the following services:
- 24-hour Emergency Services Hospice Pharmacy
- Acute Care Hyperbaric Therapy Physical Therapy
- Bereavement Counseling Intensive Care Unit Radiology
- CT Scanning Laboratory Rural Health clinics (UMH & Sabinal)
- Cardiac Cath Lab MRI/ MRA Imaging Social Services
- Cardiac Monitoring Mammography Speech Therapy
- Cardiopulmanary Care Nuclear Medicine/ Cardiac Imaging Sub-specialty Clinic
- Echocardiography/ Stress Echo Nutrition Consultation Surgery
- Education Obstetrics and Newborn Nursery Swing Bed Nursing
- Home Health Occupational Therapy Ultrasound/ Vascular Imaging
- Home Infusion Pastoral Services
Uvalde Memorial Hospital was founded as a Hospital Authority, in 1949. UMH is to date, a 62-bed acute care, not-for-profit Hospital. UMH is operated by the Uvalde County Hospital Authority which consists of a seven-member Board of Directors: three members appointed by Uvalde County commissioners' Court and four members appointed by the current Board. Uvalde designates 0.5% of its' county sales tax to health care. *UMH receives approximately $500,000 per year for charity care. UMH services a five county region with a population of approximately 45,000 people.
In 1995, Uvalde Memorial Hospital extended their services to include Hospital-based Home Health and Hospice, two rural Health Clinics, speech Pathology and Occupational Theropy, social Services, Cardiac Cath lab and Hyperbaric Therapy. In 1996, a
$4.2 million-31,000 square foot expansion project was completed and includes the Women's and Newborns' Center, Medical Records, Cardio-Respiratory, Rural Health Clinic, Emergency Department, Laboratory, Radiology, Outpatient Surgery Unit, Rehabilitation Center and Central Supply and Laundry. $1 million expansion currently is underway to create two new operating rooms and additional administrative offices.
|Total No. Of Beds:||licensed for 66|
|Numbers of Physicians:||17 active medical staff|
|Nurses in Administration:||13 RN|
|Specialty Clinic:||1 (open to all citizens)|
|Rural Health Clinic||2|
|Nursing Homes:||2 (licensed for 200 beds)|
EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES (EMS)
|Hospitals served:||1 and (part-time for Dimmit County)|
|Ambulances:||4 ( BLS to FLS)|
|EMT Staff:||2 (ALS) 14 (BLS)|
|Paramedic Staff:||17 EMT Paramedics, 2 (Licensed)|
|Average Calls||200 a month|
Uvalde's location allows for a rural training center through UT Health Science Center in San Antonio to have a presence here. A board of directors through UMS INC. oversees the emergency medical services division in Uvalde. UMS Inc., is a stand-alone corporation set up originally as a volunteer organization, which offers emergency transfer services to Uvalde and the Middle Rio Grande region.